Monday, February 27, 2006

So what have YOU been up to lately?


Me....I got a new job. After months of prayer and thought and consideration, I have been offered and have accepted a job at Northwest Christian College in Eugene, Oregon. We will be leaving the friendly confines of Rivertucky in the last week of April and I begin my new job on May 1st.

It's amazing the way that the Lord works. He is so faithful to our family. When our financial situation took a turn for the worse a little while back, and we realized that we just can't afford to raise our family the way we want to in Southern California, every little piece of the puzzle just kinda fit together.

You know how you pray when you REALLY need the Lord to provide, and you pray to God, telling him that your life is in his hands, that you sacrifice all of your needs and wants up to him to provide for you? Well we were doing that for the longest time. Only I had a small problem. I absolutely didn't want our family to have to move. I wanted God to provide for us, so long it meant a way for us to keep our house. After some big, earth-shattering things came to light, and we realized that our financial situation wasn't going to be getting better by the means we had anticipated, I started to pray the same pray, laying everything in the hands of God, only this time I meant it. I truly trusted God to take care of us, no matter what and no matter WHERE that meant.

In a matter of three days after we had the "wake-up call", I found out about this opening for a Sports Information Director, sent in my resume, had a 45-minute phone interview and was asked to come to Oregon for a day of interviews as one of the finalists.

I went to Oregon one week ago today and was called on Wednesday to let me know that I was being offered the job. It's pretty insane to see how quickly the process has moved along. And despite all of the heartache that we have ahead of us with leaving our families behind and trying to sell our house and buy a house, we are COMPLETELY at peace about our decision. God has truly provided this life-altering opportunity for us.

Now it's time for us to find a house and we're heading up there this weekend to start to look. Are we stressed about all of this? Of course. But I am completely confident that the Lord has the perfect home for us up there. His grace has been shown so abundantly to me lately, that although I may have many short comings as a father, husband and man of God, the Lord still cares enough to help us provide for our family.

It'll be a new adventure. We're very excited to be able to raise our kids outside of Southern California!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow. This is sad news but also exciting. I'm sure things will be great for you guys.

Nick said...

unfortunately, I'll have to be drafting over the internets.