Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Wisdom of a Friend

My friend Kate said something remarkable on her Blog that really hit home with me: Transition is Tiring. When I first left home to come up here to Eugene, I had a very tough few weeks of depression. I was just tired all of the time. Then we got word of the house selling and we were in a happy transition period, anticipating and planning for the move. Then we fell out of escrow and the bottom fell out again. I still got to go home for six days and spend some time with the kids and with Melissa, but then I had to come back, alone, again. Since I got back almost a week ago, back into this period of transition and an unknown future, I again feel tired all of the time. I didn't get out of bed until 1:30 in the afternoon on Saturday. I've had to drag myself out of bed every day.

I'm ready, Lord, for this transition time to be over! I'm ready to have my family all back together again! I'm ready for answers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spurgeon once said "All our sufferings remind us of Christ"

Lewis said "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, and shouts to us in our pain."

As a Lutheran, I'm constantly harping on the Theology of the Cross - that God's power is made perfect in our weakness. Sanctification is often accomplished through the difficult times in our lives, but we have a High Priest who is acquainted with our weaknesses (Hebrews 4:15) and who has shared in our pain.

Hang in there - we'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Hey Nick,
Wow this is indeed a growing experience for you and your family huh? Passed by NWCC while going through Eugene last week, on our way back from a week long camping/kayaking trip in the Waldo Lake Wilderness area (great place to check out when your family joins you, just 1 1/2hr. away from Eugene/Springfield). I will pray for you and your family.
In Christ....