Sunday, July 01, 2007

I'm a donkey

Call it rust, call it I'm dead money. Call it the luck-sack at my table...I didn't play very well tonight. Sure, I started out just fine. I had flopped a straight on the first hand and turned a full house on the second hand, quickly doubling up my original 3000 chips. Then I spent the next hour pissing away my chips. There was one player at the table (the type of player i hate to play with), a calling station that beat me in big pots twice with hands she had no business being in to begin with (out of position with 5-6 off-suit to hit a straight on the river, that was my favorite). I survived to the first break with just 1000 chips, with blinds at 100/200. The very first hand, i had my favorite hand, as mentioned previously, mullets (pocket 7s). I went all-in under the gun and had no callers, winning the blinds. I lost the blinds back in my blind, and survived to the end of the round with my same 1000.

With 2 minutes before the end of the round and two hands away from what would be 400 in the big blind, I knew I had to go all-in in the next three hands. I look down and see just one of my cards, an Ace. I go All in. Lady Luck-Sack calls me with pocket tens, I flip and see a jack, so my AJ vs. 10-10 is a race. I get a jack on flop, so I figure I'm doubling up, except the flop comes J-8-7, giving her a straight draw. The nine came on the river to give her the straight and bust me out of the tourney.


No matter what happened, it was nice to get out for some daddy time (although it was only for 1 1/2 hours), and actually play brick-and-mortar poker. Maybe I'll get a little cash for my birthday, so I can play again.

No comments: