Friday, July 06, 2007

The Main Event


The WSOP main event starts today. Lots of questions waiting to be answered:

How many people will be in the field? Some predict another record (upwards of 10,000 entrants). Some predict that with the online poker laws killing online satellites, the numbers will plummet (Full Tilt Poker alone send more than 1000 players to the tournament last year).

Who will Win? Will it be a professional? It hasn't been for five years. Will it be a good amateur who goes onto have a productive poker career (like Joe Hachem and Greg Raymer) or will it be a fluke player, who goes on to have a joke of a poker career (like Chris Moneymaker and Jamie Gold)?

Will my wife get down to the Rio and get any pictures of any recognizable poker players?!?!?

Will ANY of my favorite players cash?

Just who ARE my favorite players? I've thought about that one lately. I'll post my top-20 sometime during the 14-day long Main Event.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about a quick fantasy poker matchup for blog bragging rights? You pick 5 people (pros or otherwise) and I'll pick 5 and whoever's guys cash for a higher amount wins.

You in? I'll post on it too.