Wednesday, July 02, 2008

My Fantasy Home Game

Today's List will stay in the poker family, but I'll save Worst Main Event Winner Ever for tommorow, the start of the the Main Event. Today's premise: If you are hosting a home-game single-table sit-and-go, who are the eight players that you would want to have there to play with? And then, who are the 8 people that you would rather shoot yourself than have to play with? And THEN - who are the 8 celebrity poker players you would want to play with?

EIGHT PLAYERS IN MY FANTASY HOME-GAME

1. Daniel Negreanu - My favorite player. I just want to play against him and get freaked out when he can read exactly what I have every time.
2. Doyle Brunson - He's a legend. No-brainer choice
3. Phil "Unabomber" Laak, and
4. Jennifer Tilly - They would be very entertaining!
5. Scotty Nguyen - He would also be entertaining, and he's freaking amazing.
6. Chris "Jesus" Ferguson - Another one of my favorites. If I got to pick anyone to be my poker coach, he might get a slight edge over Negreanu.
7. Johnny Chan - Thanks to Rounders, really one of the first poker celebrities (other than Amarillo Slim). How could I not have him there?
8. Paul Hutchins - I gotta have one of my poker buddies there to share the experience with, right?

EIGHT PLAYERS YOU COULDN'T PAY ME TO SIT DOWN WITH (in order)

1. Phil Hellmuth
2. Humberto Brenes
3. Hevad "Rain" Kahn
4. Mike Matusow
5. Jamie Gold - But more on him tommorow...
6. Jean-Robert Bellande - Despite my love of Survivor...
7. Devilfish Ulliot - The european version of Hellmuth.
8. Phil Ivey - Simply because I would lose all my money before I knew what hit me.

EIGHT CELEBRITIES I WOULD LOVE TO PLAY WITH (no particular order)

1. Jennifer Tilly
2. Gabe Kaplan
3. Norm MacDonald
4. Don Cheadle
5. Shannon Elizabeth
6. Sam Simon (producer of the Simpsons)
7. Hank Azaria
8. James Woods

2 comments:

Hutch said...

I'd be honored to come in 8th at that table. I'd still beat you since you wouldn't be pulling your all-in every hand garbage with those guys at the table.

No Ben Affleck at your celebrity table? You could distract him by constantly asking how it feels to have Matt Damon carry him for the last decade.

Nick said...

Dude, I only do that in a re-buy tournament. It was Negreanu who bought in 87 times to the 1,000 re-buy tournament in 2006!