Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Vertigo//Countdown//Six Days to Go



Opening Night of the tour is just six days away. Melissa and I will be leaving our children in the care of her sister and our babysitter on Sunday night to drive down to S.D. Monday morning, we will be waiting in line bright and early for our General Admission spot on the floor. First night of the tour. On the Floor. HOLY CRAP! I can't wait. There just aren't words for the anticipation of this first night of the tour. I'm seeing Bob Dylan tommorow night and I'm pretty stoked about that, but I'm almost looking past it.

Here's our Dead-Head like itinerary for the first leg of the tour:

3/28 - San Diego, opening night
3/30 - Back to San Diego
4/1 - Anaheim
4/6 - Staples Center

The one thing I keep thinking about is the fact that they haven't released the stage set up for the tour. We still don't know if they'll be any sort of inner circle on the floor (ala the inside-the-heart area on Elevation). My gut feelings all along have been that the stage will basically be set up in the round with the bullseye theme so that there aren't any bad seats. I just don't know what this will mean on opening night on the floor. It's just odd to me that they haven't come out with any design stuff just six days before the show opens.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Man, you suck :) but that's awesome. If I had some crystal ball and knew I was going to be here during the tour, I would have bought tickets. But alas... And I'll miss the second leg too :(

Mark said...

This is from Paul McGuinness. The Internet has been rife with rumours about the new Vertigo production, that it will be similar to the wildly successful Elevation trek when the band performed on a stripped-down stage encased in a heart-shaped catwalk.

McGuinness would only say it's an in-the-round stage at one end of the floor similar to the Elevation setup.