Saturday, March 26, 2005

Vertigo//Tour//Countdown// <48 Hours!!!!!!!


My final post before we leave Sunday night for San Diego. I still can't believe that I'll be on the floor for the first night of the world tour of the greatest freaking band in the world. Here's my proposed set list. It probably sucks and I am probably no where NEAR accurate, but I have to try!

1. Vertigo - (Not where I'd put it, but it's the "Virtigo Tour" after all)
2. Original of the Species (Two new album cuts to open)
3. Beautiful Day
4. City of Blinding Lights
5. Electric Co. (Or another old song, this was in rehearsals, and I think it'll fit well)
6. Miracle Drug (slowing it down a bit)
7. Love and Peace (I think this will be one of the best live songs...)
8. Sometimes You Can't... (..followed by this, the breakin'-it-down section)
9. 40 (why not, it's the worship portion of the night)
10. Yahweh (worship continues)
11. Where the Streets have No Name (speeding things up with a little J-Tree)
12. Running to Stand Still (More J-Tree, because this album truly propeled them to their recent HOF induction)
13. One (Because it isn't perfect to open the encore this time around, and it HAS to be played)
14. Stuck in a Moment - (Awkward placement, I just gotta hear it, though)
15. Crumbs from Your Table
16. All Because of You (if it won't open the show, it should close the regular set)
ENCORE
17. Elevation (Great to open the encore)
18. I Will Follow (after SNL, this is the new "With or Without you", i.e. the older song in the middle of the encore)
19. Walk On (I'm probably livin in the past, but I want this song to continue to close their shows. If not, it'll be perfect in the middle, spritual/emotional section. Truly, a song from this album belongs in the encore. If All Because of you doesn't close the regular set, maybe it'll be in the encore?).

Also might be played:

* With or Without you ( I hope it is, I just don't know where I'd fit it in)
* One Step Closer (lul of the album, would be lul on the tour)
* Man and a Woman (could be good and sexy live)
* Sunday Bloody Sunday (they revived it last tour and might keep it alive)
* Bullet the Blue Sky (A live staple I would LOVE to hear, I just have a hunch it's taking a breather this go round

Other notes:

>>Maybe opening night will see an extended set? Why not?!?!
>>They'll probably sandwich City of Blinding Lights with New York when I go see 'em in Madison Square Garden. That'll be pretty sweet.

No comments: