Thursday, June 08, 2006

Another Story...

I almost forgot the funniest thing that ever happened in the Brant days! File this under boys-will-be-boys:

One night after a concert at Red Hill Lutheran, we were fooling around in the parking lot with a flat rolling dolly, 'cause we were loading equipment into cars and such (remember, I was a first-class roadie back then). Someone came up with the brilliant idea of doing a JackAss style stunt where someone goes Indiana Jones and jumps into the side of a Van, off of the Dolly, which was going at a high rate of speed.

I was the idiot who volunteered to try the stunt. So I get on the dolly, in position to make the jump and they push me towards the van. As I get closer I begin to realize "If I push off of this dolly to jump, it will come out from under me and I will eat it straight into the pavement." So I froze up and ended up careening right into the side of the van. Somehow with how my leg hit the side of the van, I got a puncture wound on my leg. It didn't bleed or anything, but you could see about two millimeters down into my knee. It was pretty cool.

I still have the scar from it!

No comments: