Monday, June 05, 2006

Monday Random Ten

My last random ten until I get settled in Oregon, So I'll do two.

1. Who's Gunna Ride Your Wild Horses - U2 from Achtung Baby
2. Time to Get Ill - The Beastie Boys from Licensed to Ill
3. Ready for the Rain - Dime Store Prophets from Love is Against the Grain
4. Extra Pale - Goo Goo Dolls from Dizzy Up the Girl
5. Happiness is Warm Gun - The Beatles from Anthology 3
6. Never on Sunday - The Chordettes from The Wonder Years Soundrack (Disc 3)
7. Do You Feel Loved - U2 from Pop
8. Alex Descends Into Hell for a Bottle of Milk/Korova 1 - U2 from The Fly Single
9. The Great Gig in the Sky - Pink Floyd from Dark Side of the Moon
10. Desire - U2 from Live at Irving Plaza, 12-05-2000

Four u2 songs and I wasn't even trying.

Now my "Road Trip" playlist. I'll take the first random song from each of the following artists, in honor of my dad and I driving up to Oregon together on Father's Day.

First, the bands/people that we have seen together in concert

1. Paul Simon - Diamonds on the Soles of Her Shoes
2. Merle Haggard - Pennies from Heaven
3. Amos Lee - Soul Suckers
(We've also seen Joni Mitchell, Van Morrison, The Beach Boys and Chicago)

Oh and Dylan, of course(four times) -

1. Every Grain of Sand (Biograph, disc 2)
2. Not Dark Yet (Best of Volume 2)
3. Highway 61 Revisited (Best of Volume 2)
4. I Believe in You (Biograph, disc 3)
5. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight (Best of Volume 2)
6. Lay Lady Lay (Best of Volume 1)
7. It Ain't Me Babe (Biograph, disc 2)
8. Cold Irons Bound (Time out of Mind)
9. Jokerman (Best of Volume 1)
10. Baby, Let me Follow You Down (Bootleg Series Volume 4)

No comments: