Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Top 12 Perform

Here are the latest rankings now that (sniff) Asia'h went home, and the 12 have performed. They've changed a lot since last week.

1. David Cook - This is the guy that I want to see win. It's all about actual musical talent this year, and he's got it.
2. Brooke White - My wife must be rubbing off on me. I really dig this girl, and loved the version of Let it Be last night.
3. David Archuleta - This guy WILL win American Idol. He's just not quite there for me. He's too.....silly.
4. Syesha - She rocks, but she's not going to be around very long. And she was bland last night.
5. Amanda Overmyer - I'm trying not to like her, I really am. Problem is, I love Janis, so her voice doesn't bug me at all. I thought last night was a complete success.
6. Carly Hennessy - She was a superstar last night. I think she'll be around for a long time.
7. Jacuzzi - I thought I would end up moving him up after his crazy good performance, but there are just too many great performers above him.
8. Jason Castro - I really like him. Or Her. I can't figure it out. He's got a chick's eyes and it's hard to watch him perform. But he's good.
9. Michael Johns - How far into this competition are we, and I still have NO opinion about this guy. He was good last night and picked a perfect song. that much I remember.
10. Ramiele Malubay - Ugh. She was just bad last night. She won't be around long.
11. Kristy Lee Cook - The only thing saving her from #12 is that she's from Oregon. I thought the concept of doing a country version was a good one, but to go hyper-kinetic bluegrass was wrong. There were opportunities, even in a bluegrass style, to slow that song down a bit for the chorus or bridge, make it sound okay, but nope. It was a mess.
12. David Hernandez - He creeps me out, and he was horrid last night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moe is right, Brooke White is the bomb. She just seems like the most sincere person ever on that show.

bank