Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Touring Ten: 50/50

Wow, look! I'm able to blog AI on the night of the show, thanks to our new computer!!! Anyway, the top-ten week (songs from the year they were born) was pretty hit and miss. Lots of HITS and a few big MISSES. Here are my updated rankings:

1. David Cook - I read before the show that he was doing Billie Jean, and doing the Chris Cornell version of it. The 12-16 year old girls that were over watching the show tonight didn't like the version. I think the version itself is pretty good, although the original is one of the better Michael Jackson songs. It was, however, the PERFECT song for David Cook. I still want this guy to win, but I'm pretty comfortable with a few others winning as well, like...
...2. Brooke White - I completely agreed with Randy and Simon, who said that she should have stayed with just the voice and piano through all of the stalker anthem "Every Breath You Take." She was amazing!
3. Syesha Mercado - Although the performance was pretty bland, and not my taste, this girl can BLOW. She's got a killer voice, and this type of pop ballad is right in her wheel house. I don't think it was as good as her original audition, but really good nonetheless.
4. Michael Johns - I'm sure this is a one-week high, coming off this performance, but for once I have an opinion on this guy. His We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions performance was PERFECT for him. Simply amazing. I really have gotten to like him as we've seen more of the packaged clips week-to-week.
5. Carly - She's got the pipes, but does she have the personality to cruise towards the end? I don't think last week will be the last time we see her in the bottom three. She isn't connecting with the audience, me included.
6. Chikeze - Even after a blah performance, I'm moving him up a notch, simply because I like him. He's fun and he does have a pretty sweet voice.
7. David Archuleta - Nothing against him, it's just not my bag. Yes, he can sing a take out menu and sound amazing, but i'm growing more indifferent about him as we go along.
8. Jason Castro - Still like him, too. Maybe this is one of the strongest groups of finalists as they have been touting all along, even though I thought it was just hyperbole.
9. Kristy Lee Cook - What the heck? Okay, I may be WAY unpatriotic, but this song is just pure cheese. It might have been great and impacting and meaning full in 198whatever when it was written, but there are much better patriotic country songs out there from the last few years that make it pale in comparison.
10. Ramiele Malubay - zzzzzzz

Predictions Tommorow!

No comments: