Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Bo Bice: American Idol?


After a very weak performance night on part one of the American Idol season finale, I think Bo's chances of winning have slimmed down. Neither performer really stole the show last night, thanks largely to two CRAP songs that were written for the finale. Carrie was better able to put a country flair on them, than Bo was able to put a southern-rock flair on them. Bo hit a grand slam with his third song "Vehicle" and Carrie was lackluster in her take on Independence Day, a song I love and a song she nailed the first night.

The clincher, I fear, is the simple fact that Simon told her she "did enough to win it" last night, and the legions of red-state voters will lean her way. Bo will get the blue state vote for the most part, but I fear Carrie will win and it won't be as close as everyone assumes.

Don't get me wrong, I love Carrie and I think she is the perfect mold for an American Idol, and will be a HUGE
country music star. I just LOVE Bo and want to see the southern rocker win this show, just to see to see it turn the audition process on it's ear for the next season.

They said last night that the vote was a 2% difference between them last night, meaning 51%-49% of those not voting for Vonzel. I figure Bo had the lead a week ago, but Vonzel's votes will mostly stay with the fairer gender and last night will swing some other votes her way. I figure it will be a larger margin in favor of Carrie, say near 55/45.

Interestingly, this will be the first time I am rooting for the
loser. I wanted Kelly, Ruben and Fantasia to win, and they did.

No comments: