Thursday, January 12, 2006

Prayer Request

I don't really know any details yet, but I just got an email from an old friend, Emily Stoltz, from Biola. Apparently another friend of ours, Akida Morgan, is having serious health issues. We were all Christian Education major's together and we were all pretty close with a lot of classes together. Chris Stanley, Cara Reed, Emily, Akida and I all graduated together. Here is the note I got from Emily:

Hey Nick,
I don't know if you have already heard about Akida, but I just got an e-mail from Denise yesterday saying that a roommate or someone found him unconscious on Christmas morning and I guess he had a brain aneurysm. I guess his family isn't letting anyone see him so there are a lot of rumors going around about what his condition really is. Denise said he WAS in a coma for several days, but Kristy Newman called me about 20 minutes after I had gotten the e-mail from Dee saying that he wasn't able to breath on his own or eat or anything and that "his legs were better" but they have no idea what the problem was with his legs to begin with. She seemed to think he was still in a coma in Intensive Care and probably wasn't going to make it. I have no idea what to believe, especially being all the way out here, but I just wanted you to know and be praying for him. I'm going to e-mail Val and see if maybe she knows anything so we can get a prayer chain started or something.
I'll let you know what I hear.


UPDATE: From Emily -
I just got an e-mail from Val actually and she said that he is on a ventilator, kidney dialysis and he took a turn for the worse this weekend, but they still don't know much information either. She said that Dr Leyda is trying to get information through Whittier Christian since Kida was coaching there. She said he was planning on talking to them again today and she would let me know what she finds out.

5 comments:

Moe said...

I'm praying baby!!!

jeric2003 said...

Please keep posting updates as you get them!

jeric2003 said...

I just got an update through work people:

"Evidently, he is conscious but does not have feeling in parts of his body and they are afraid it was a stroke."

Nick said...

I'm getting the same updates that Jeri is, now. I'll keep them posted when I get them. If anyone gets them, please keep them coming in post replys, I'll add stuff whenever I can. PLEASE - Everyone keep praying!!!

Anonymous said...

Nick-I need your current email address...I have an update on Akida.
Val-CE Dept.