Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dolly Parton Night

Man, this would have been so much better as a straight country night instead of the Dolly Parton songbook. I wanted to see Archuleta do God Bless the Broken Road. Anyway....

1. David Cook
2. Brooke White
3. Syesha Mercado - I thought her version of I Will Always Love You was very good. I was shocked when she got a lukewarm reception from the judges. It was no Whitney, but it was still great.
4. Michael Johns - Another strong week. I'm really starting to like this dude.
5. Carly - She was WAAAAAY better than Simon gave her credit for. She is the best singer in the group. Whole package? Verdict is still out.
6. David Archuleta - He was pretty good last night, I have to admit. I still just don't know. I do keep him above....
7. Jason Castro - ....because as fun and easy going as Jason Castro is, he's turning in the same performance every week and it's getting rather boring. Not someone who can win this thing.
8. Kristy Lee Cook - So I was just informed that her brother played football at Oregon, so one of my friends that used to hate her now feels bad about that, because she's friends with the brother! What a small world Oregotucky is, heh? If anyone should have shone last night, it was her, and yet I wasn't that impressed with the performance.
9. Ramiele Malubay - zzzzzzz....

1 comment:

jeric2003 said...

These days I only listen to them on youtube in the background while I work. So, speaking as someone who only HEARD the performances, I thought they were all pretty bland. Carly, David Cook, Brooke, and Syesha sounded best, but none were amazing. I thought David Archuleta was actually the worst of the bunch. He strained a lot to reach the high notes.