Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday's Random Thoughts

  • I didn't predict last week, but I would have said Brooke was going home. I was pleasantly suprised to see that Dial Idol was nails again, as they said Carly was the lowest vote getter and, indeed, she was. One would think that this seals the deal for a David v. David finale, but I just have a bad feeling that the Daughtry curse is going to hit the rocker before the finale. It'll be interesting to see how it all pans out. It will also be interesting to see who makes the top three. It'll probably be the two davids, and then either Brooke, Syesha or Jason will hit the top three. Without knowing anything about song selection for Neil Diamond week, I'm guessing Jason will be safe and in the top 4. I'll also make an early prediction that Syesha will be going home. My top-5 order you ask? 1. David Cook, 2. Brooke White, 3. Syesha, 4. Jason Castro, 5. David Archuleta.
  • Why do bad things happen to good people? I just found out that our golf team's vans got broken into this weekend and one of our golfers lost all of her school stuff (books, etc.) right before finals, and also lost her ID, making it difficult for her to get back on a plane tommorow... brutal.
  • Wildfire returns to the airwaves tonight for a stretch run. This is probably the show that I would call worst TV show I ever loved. Once you get invested in characters, you forgive a ton of sins as far as storytelling and plots go. The worst part is, they've previewed the heck out of the series finale, and we already know what is going to happen. But I'll still watch.
  • It's finally my "Summer" as far as work goes! We had our last home games yesterday. Just some remaining golf and track events, but no more home games until August!
  • I start two new small group bible studies this week, and I've very excited. On Tuesday we are starting up a group at work. It's just three of us right now, but it'll be good. Then on Wednesday mornings I'll be in a group at church called "Husbands Anonymous", led by our senior pastor. This should be really good. I know a couple of the guys in the group pretty well.

No comments: