Monday, June 20, 2005

A June Tradition


Part of the "perk" of working in college athletics is my ten-month contract. I work close to 60 hours a week during the school year, so in return, I get eight weeks of vacation. I have always taken four of those weeks to have all of June off. It was great to have the time off this year as my sister-in-law Crystal had her baby a little early (June 8th) and I have been available to take care of the kids alot so that Melissa can help Crystal and Cole. It has been such a blessing.

I also began a new June tradition last year of going to Pechanga for a no-limit hold 'em tournament. Last year we went on the wrong day and had to play a limit tournament (which was a bummer) but I outlasted both my father-in-law and Hutch, who went with me. We went out in the same round, but I stuck around about ten minutes longer!

Tommorow the three of us head back and I am pretty exited. I haven't done a large-format no-limit tournament yet, so it should be interesting. Wish me luck! This is my next stop!

No comments: