Thursday, September 22, 2005

Mmmm....Date night.

With all of the crud going on in our lives right now and all the struggles we're having, it's been really easy to lose focus on what truly matters in life. Melissa and I miss each other, even though we see each other every day. Our last date was sometime before James was born, and since we have no discretionary funds in existence, paying a babysitter and paying to go out just isn't in the cards anymore.

Thank God for family! Abby will be going to the Angels game on Saturday night (i'm slightly jealous) with my sister and her family and my mom and dad will watch the boys for us, so that we can go to Disneyland. Free entertainment. Time alone, together. I can't even begin to explain how much we need this. Plus, Moe won $50 playing bunco last night! So we're going to take the kids to the drive-in on Friday night ($5 for a carload!) so we get to see Corpse Bride. Ironically, we've seen two movies in the last 4 month, and they're both Burton.

We have about $100 bucks in cash from moe's winning and taking all of our change into the grocery store. It netted us about $85 bucks and we're using it for little things that we can't fit into the budget. I got a haircut with it. We also took the kids to disneyland a few times and we can get a big ole loaf of Sourdough bread at California Adventure, which is enough to be dinner for all of us. We pack a bottle of water and we can manage a very cheap day together.

Secretly, I'm hoping to save some of the cash, so that I can buy Mel a birthday present (Nov. 5th). Shh. Don't tell her. =)

4 comments:

Moe said...

Do you think you have enough for U2 tickets in Vegas? If only....

Anonymous said...

I'm doing guest control at Fantasmic from 7:30-11:30. Look for me in my yellow jacket!

Unknown said...

woops, that was me.

Moe said...

Cool! We will look for you!