Thursday, September 08, 2005

Opening for the Boys

With the third led of the tour rapidly approaching, I'm shocked that there haven't been any official announcements from U2.com as to the opening acts for the tour. Some info has leaked on the web and we know some opening acts for some shows, but nothing has been officially announced.

The Thrills and Dashboard Confessional are doing 8 dates in Toronto, Chicago, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Arcade Fire is doing some Canadian gigs as well. Other rumored acts for the tour are Kanye West, Keane and My Chemical Romance.

It's starting to look more and more like there won't be a single opener for the entire leg (like Kings of Leon), which is rare for U2 in the U.S. They usually have no more than three bands doing longer stints (such as Garbage and No Doubt splitting duties on the Elevation Tour's third leg).

I'm kinda bummed, because I had heard early rumors that Switchfoot might open and I REALLY want to see The Killers.

No comments: