Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Andrea Blind-chelli and the love songs

Another miserable week overall on Idol. Song selection was pretty bad, especially for Taylor and Paris. Cat was pretty darn good, but the judges slammed her. I thought that was odd. Chris was the only one to pick a great song and nail it. Elliott....well, just read below.

1. Chris - (#1 this week) - Have You Really Ever Loved a Woman - It wasn't his best performance, but he nailed it once again and was far and away the best of the night. I'm starting to think he's got a legitimate chance of making the final-two against Taylor, but Catharine can still get there too, if she quits over-singing.

2. Catharine - (#3) - I Have Nothing - It's a close race again for second between her and Paris, and I think she did just enough with a tough song to keep her here for another week. The judges bashed her up and down for not coming anywhere near Whitney. They may be right, but I think she can get there, eventually. I liked the performance better than they did.

3. Paris - (#4) - The Way We Were - I'm not a Barbara-Big-Nose fan, so I wasn't excited about Paris doing this song. She sang it REALLY slow and boring, even for an already slow and boring song. I LOVE PARIS, but for some reason, she isn't clicking with the voters, and I'm afraid that she's going home tonight. Brutal. She has a great voice and a great personality, what's not to like?!!?!

4. Taylor (#5) - Just Once - Taylor did a terrible job tonight, with a really terrible song. Not much else to say. He's going to stay on top of the voting and out of the bottom three anyway, but he was simply brutal last night.

5. Elliott (#2) - A Song For You - I made a committment to watch his performance with my eyes closed this week, so I could focus on his voice. I'm glad I did, because I'm now starting to come over to the parrallel universe. This was a pretty bad song and a very scatter-brained arrangement, but he sang REALLY well through the whole song. I still don't think I'd rush out to buy his album, but he is a good singer.

6. Kelli (#6) - Unchained Melody - REALLY risky choice, seeing as how it is Simon's favorite song. Hopefully the honeymoon is over between her and her fans, who have to be realizing that she doesn't have anywhere near good enough pipes to keep going. Tragically, She's got enough of a fan base and will get just enough kick from vote-for-the-worst to stick around another week and unjustly go further than Paris. That is just insane.

Bottom Three Prediction: Kelli, Paris, Catharine

Going Home: Paris. It's wrong. Just plain WRONG I tell ya!!!!!

2 comments:

Nick said...

Funny you mention Catharine's outfit and I forgot..My wife and I both thought the same thing: Oh, that's a really good looking yellow shirt...then, scroll down and it's a whole freaking bright-yellow banana dress! A little too much yellow. It would have looked better as a shirt with jeans.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it was the dress people were looking at!!!