Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Music Survey

1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most of?
Well this one is easy: U2. Behind them would be Dylan, Pink Floyd, Garth Brooks and the Smashing Pumpkins
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Enter Sandman by Metallica on some sports talk show.
3. What's in your record/CD player right now?
James Blunt
4. What song pretty much sums you up?
I hate questions like this.
5. What's your favorite local band?
Still existing? Mike Barnet. No Longer? Mars Hill
6. What was the last concert you attended?
U2 & Keane (and Mary J. Blige) at Madison Square Garden
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
#1 - U2 -Madison Square Garden
#2 - U2 - PopMart in San Diego (first U2 concert)
#3 - U2 - Elevation post-9/11 at the Pond
#4 - KROQ's Acoustic Christmas with Billy Corgan, Depeche Mode, Garbage, Brian Setzer Orchestra, Fiona Apple...
#5 - Dylan at the Sun Theatre in Anaheim.
(This list changes ALOT)
8. What's the worst band you've ever seen in concert?
Only One? Thanks to a few Acoustic Christmases, I've seen Chumbawumba AND the Sneaker Pimps.
9. What band do you like musically but dislike the members of?
Good Question, but hard to answer. Oasis.
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
(I'm copying Pauls answer) I had a radio show at Biola and helped put togther some concerts and in studio performances. (We had Mars Hill in studio!!!) I also MC'd a Blue Christmas.
11. What shows are you looking forward to?
There are a few performers that I've never seen that I would like to: Paul McCartney, the Stones, Elton John and especially Garth Brooks.
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
Gotta be the bright Orange O.C. Supertones Shirt with the Orange on it.
13. What music posters do you have up in your room?
None right now. I have a bunch of U2 stuff to put up in the new garage when we move. I have a Beck poster and some Pumpkins stuff, too.
14. What musician would you like to be in love with for a day?
Only One? just kidding. It'd have to be Shirley Manson. An old school shout out to Stephanie Kelly of Hume Lake fame, too.
15. Pat Benatar or Cyndi Lauper?
My sister would probably want me to say Cyndi Lauper.
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
Ozzy. Crazy Train and Mama I'm Coming Home (and War Pigs) outweigh Paranoid.
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
Uh...
18. Punk rock, hip hop or heavy metal?
Depends on my mood. I don't have an overridding preference.
19. Doesn't Primus suck?
I'm not qualified to give that an answer.
20. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
Of course.
21. What was the greatest decade for music?
As a U2 fan, I would probably say the 00's. But definitely the 60s.
22. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
Nine -
U2 (Rattle & Hum, Joshua Tree documentary, U2 Go Home, Elevation in Boston, Vertigo in Chicago)
Pink Floyd (The Wall, Pulse - live concert)
OC Supertones at the Movies
Green Day - Bullet in a Bible
23. Do you like Journey?
Not really.
24. Don't try to pretend you don't!!
Well....
25. What is your favourite movie soundtrack?
Rattle & Hum, of course!
As for a score, it would be Instinct or Edward Scissorhands (both Elfman, of course) or Braveheart.
Musically, it would be Dazed & Confused, Wayne's World, Moulin Rouge and Chicago.
26. What was your last musical phase?
I listen to everything, but I had a pretty bad ska phase. In high school I had a disco phase, too.
27. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc. you own?
Only One? Velour 100
28. Do you prefer vinyl or CDs?
Cd's, unless it's my dads collection of 60's rock (especially Tommy or Blonde on Blonde).
29. All totalled, how much do you spend on music a month?
Nothing. Usually presents these days. Plus the occasional dollar or two from Itunes (next up will, sadly, probably be "Bad Day" by whoever sings it. I just bought Johnny Cash's "Hurt", too.

No comments: