Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Queen Week: Better Than Expected

I wasn't very exited about the kiddies doing Queen this week, but for the most part, it was a very solid week. Remember, these are my overall rankings, not based solely on last night. Last night's rank in parentheses after the name.

1. Chris Daughtry (5)- He sang Innuendo, an extremely choppy and sloppy song. There is a reason why the band never perform it live, it is a MESS. Just a terrible song and a terrible choice. I agree 100% with Simon that this was a perfect week for him to have his "moment" and it just didn't happen. He still sang great, but picked a bad, bad, bad, bad song.

2. Katharine McPhee (2)- Sang Who Wants to Live Forever, a slow ballad. On first listen, I was mezmorized and captivated and thought she absolutely hit a grand slam. She has amazing stage presence and has the best, most consistent voice in the competition. On second listen, I could hear the missed note or two, but she still had the 2nd best performance of the night.

3. Taylor Hicks (3)- Taylor reminded the judges, the audience and me why we loved him in the first place. He sang Crazy Little Thing Called Love. Great job.

4. Paris - (4) She's slipping a little, and it's not because of her voice. She still has a great personality and an awesome voice. I actually loved her performance, but the more I think about it, the more I agree with my wife and Simon: It was just a little "off".

5. Kelli Pickler (1)- By far the best performance of the night. She kicked total butt performing Bohemian Rhapsody. Stage presence, vocals, outfit: everything was amazing. Far and away above what I expected from her. I'm starting to come around, I guess.

6. Cletus Jones (6)- Bucky was boring, singing Fat Bottom Girls. It just didn't work for me. I think he's got a great country voice, and I want to see him stick around, at least for another few weeks, to show off the voice.

7. Elliot (7)- I swear, I feel like I'm in a parallel universe. I thought he was absolutely TERRIBLE last night, singing Somebody to Love, but the judges continue to heap praise onto his heaping pile of Rhinoceros Dung.

8. Ace-hole (8) - How the freak is he still here? Dial-Idol says he's going home, and they BETTER be right. His We Will Rock You will make a hilariously ironic closing song tonight after he get booted.

Bottom-Three Prediction: Ace, Bucky, Chris

Back to the Couch: Chris

Going Home: Ace

No comments: