Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Rank Idol

For such a stellar top of the class, this was only bad week for Idol. Some good performances on country night but some disappointing ones too.

1. Chris - He was awesome.
2. Catherine - She was amazing last night. Jumped over the next two, who were rather underwhelming
T3. Paris/Mandisa - They were both a little dissappointing last night, especially Paris. I still love them both, they just struggled with a genre that they had no business singing.
5. Taylor - I nearly fell asleep during his performance. Just not good for him, at all.
6. Kelli Pickler - She's growing on me, I hate to admit it. She's got a great voice and, obviously, kicked arse last night.
7. Cletus - I was actually disappointed last night. I didn't expect a ballad from him on the one night he could have shined brightest with a strong fast/fun country song. I think he played it safe (which might have been the smart thing), showing off a little of his actual singing voice (which wasn't bad) on the night that he got to be in his comfort zone.

Professor Chan at Vote for the Worst summed it up: "I was expecting a Garth Brooks-ian fireworks show and flying through the audience on wires theatrics as Bucky makes a last ditch stand to stay on the show. But instead Bucky takes it down a notch and sings a bittersweet, soulful hymn. And he sings it great. For one song he made me like country music. Bravo, Bucky!"


8. Elliot - I still think I'm the only one who doesn't care for his voice. He absolutely BUTCHERED a Garth Brooks song, and that's a no-no in my book. He must sound totally different in the studio.
9. Ace must die. Seriously, dude. Go home. Please.

Bottom three prediction: This is tough, but: Paris, Elliot, Mandisa. I'm trusting Dial Idol for this one
Going Home: Elliot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Last night they could have all gone home. The only one I enjoyed was Kenny talking about and to them!