Monday, April 24, 2006

Jamie, Jack & Stench

So, apparently Jamie, Jack & Stench are off the air on Star 98.7. The stupid station, which has changed course twice in the last 12 months (first to the whole "LA's Best Variety" crap) is now going to LA's Best Alternative, or something like that, and they have canned all the DJ's. According to Jack's Blog, The latest news is that they have just been put on hold and haven't been fired YET. There is a ton of uproar and public support, but it seems that Star is going the way of the current radio trend that Jack FM is capitalizing on. I think it's lame, because a TON of people WANT to listen to a talk show on their morning commute and I'm one of them. I never really got into Mark & Brian or Kevin & Bean, I won't go anywhere near Adam Carrolla, so that leaves me with ESPN Radio or AM Talk. Colin Cowherd is the worst sports radio guy on earth. So I'm stuck listening to Bill Handel on the news. This is fine and all, but not as entertaining as Jamie & Co.

Then there is the whole idea of Star calling themselves "Alternative" radio. What exactly is the definition of "alternative" music this week? Alt used to be the grunge movement of music, then in the mid-90's all of KROQ's playlist (Beck, No Doubt, Blink) got grouped there. Then it morphed into the new KROQ standards of the Killers/Keane/White Stripes/etc. Now Star is trying to call their generic/mostly Adult Contemporary mix "alternative"? I give up.

10 comments:

ashley said...

i'm sorry to say but i HATE jamie (that's the girl right?)!!! her laugh and obnoxious loudness drives me up the wall! i've recently (about 6 months ago) started listening to kevin and bean, they are the only talk show i can listen to and are rather entertaining. i'm surprised you don't like them.

Anonymous said...

jamie jack & stench got fired? i'm surprised l.a. isn't celebrating. that show hasn't been even remotely funny since danny got fired. Miss Jamie? Here, this'll help - "blah blah blah i'm bad at relationships blah blah blah i treat people like crap blah blah blah (annoying cackling laughter at own self)." Sound familiar?

Anonymous said...

Well blah, blah, blah ... THEY'RE BACK!! =D

http://www.star987.com/pages/jamie_jack_stench.html

Anonymous said...

Well, they are back on the air! I am a fan, so YES I am super excited!!! Back on as of today. Lots of people fought to get them back on and WE won!!! Yayayayaya :) Anyway, Jamie tells it like it is, and says what others are too AFRAID to say. That is my opinion. Anyway, they rule!!!! HOLLA!!!

Anonymous said...

Good I can't stand Jamie too. She is self-righteous, obnoxious and annoying. Did I mention obnoxious? She's rude to the point that it's not funny.

Anonymous said...

Trailer trash talk, I hope they never come back. As far as Jack and Stench they are replicas of Bonaduce all the way down to their voice.. ugh hated the show!!!

Anonymous said...

I hate hate hate jamie. they should have canned her a long time ago. I can't believe somebody so trashy has been on the radio this long. she is very rude in person and on the air. i refuse to turn on star 98.7 even when the morning show isn't on. Good for Star. I hope they keep her off the air.

Anonymous said...

i've been avoiding star 98.7 ever since danny left and that obnoxious group took over...not that i loved danny that much, but jamie and "stench" (what a suitable name) were rude and mean-spirited -- why would anyone want to start their day like that? i was thrilled when i heard lisa and valentine (quite by accident -- i'd avoided the station like the plague during the morning hours). thankyouthankyouthankyou for taking out the trash!!

Anonymous said...

HAHA I was so freakin happy when I found out, first of all it was annoying as hell and i couldnt even stand listening to them, but i dont care who is on the talk show i love the music...

Anonymous said...

Well, people that think the station throw away the trash, they should jump of the 405 or something. Seriously people, you were offended by Jamie, Jack & Stench just because they say it like it is (and probably more than that), you are just to uptight to handle it...
I do miss Danny, but the show must go on (He got a better? offer, so he left). I totally like to wake up to Jamie, Jack & Stench; have to admit that when I started to listen to the show Jamie annoyed me too, I though she was out to get me, WRONG!!!, she is very smart and knows how to push some people's buttons and some people can't handle it. She's brilliant and I am sure a lot of people will be happy to hear them again.