Monday, April 24, 2006

Life, etc.

The start of another long week in the life of the Askews! Another weekend has passed and two agents came through the open house and that was it. It's wierd. We thought this thing would sell really easy and really quick, but instead, we're becoming the poster children for the whole "housing-market-is-slowing-down" rumors. We reduced the price of the house this week, so hopefully that will do something soon. It's really hard to keep from going completely in the tank on this. I pray every night asking for God to continue to work and I truly believe that everything is in his control. Everything that has happened to this point with the job, the move, etc. has been completely from him. We KNOW that this is all going to work out the way it is supposed to. But the further we get from what WE think is best (selling NOW, moving TOGETHER), the harder it becomes to trust in the path that lies before us. My life verse has always been Jeremiah 29:11. I sure need to remember it now more than ever. It's just hard to imagine that I might not be with my family if I have to go up for my June 1 start date and we haven't sold yet.

No comments: